The History

         In 1895 the College Training School of Nurses was founded under the direction of LAC Hospital and USC College of Medicine. The photo you see to the right is the very first graduating class. The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approved the school in 1901. The school was renamed the LAC Medical Center School of Nursing in 1968 to coincide with the hospital name change to the LAC + USC Medical Center. The Education and Consulting Services (EDCOS) nursing professional development division of the Medical Center and the LAC Medical Center School of Nursing (SON) merged in 1998 to form the LAC College of Nursing and Allied Health. 

          Today our college graduates 100 to 150 students every year with an Associate Degree in Nursing, and we are proud of our near 100% successful national licensing rate. 

         The Alumni Association, established in 1912, works with the college to promote fellowship among graduates, advance the interests of our college, promote the advancement of nursing, provide scholarships to our students, and to maintain and restore our school's memorabilia and historical artifacts. 

  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram

©2018 by Los Angeles County College of Nursing Alumni Association. Proudly created with Wix.com

Class of 1898